Friday 22 October 2010

ROONEY SIGNS 5-YEAR DEAL AT UNITED

Oh my word!

Just as football was once again being dragged through the mud, Wayne Rooney (at the centre of it all) signed a new 5-year contract with Manchester United!

Wayne Rooney has made a shock U-turn and agreed a new five-year contract at Manchester United just days after announcing his intention to leave.

Less than 48 hours after Rooney voiced concerns over the club's squad strength and said that he would not signing a new deal, the 24-year-old has made a U-turn to re-sign.

Rooney stated: "I said on Wednesday the manager's a genius and it's his belief and support that convinced me to stay."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I'm delighted Wayne's agreed to stay."

Rooney added: "I'm delighted to sign another deal at United. I've spoken to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this where I belong.

"I am signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are t
totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history - which is the reason I joined the club in the first place.

"I am sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they have read and seen. But my position was from concern over the future. The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it's up to me through my performances to win them over again."

The game never ceases to amaze!

No comments:

Post a Comment