Wednesday 4 November 2009

Oldham v Leeds live on the FA website - for free!


I noted from the fixtures in Sunday's paper that the Oldham Athletic v. Leeds United FA Cup first round tie is due to kick-off at 5.15pm on Saturday 7 November.

It also said "Live on the FA website".

As a Leeds United fan based in the south of England, I found that interesting, but following the Ukraine v. England game being shown live on the internet last month, I wondered with sinking heart how much it would cost to watch.

My research today on the FA website found this banner:



But I could find nothing more - no information on how to access it or how to pay etc.

Next port of call was the Leeds United website, where they are selling tickets for the game, but letting fans know that they must buy tickets before the game.

At the bottom of the ticket advice page was this line: "The game will be available to watch live on the internet free of charge at www.thefa.com."

I'm looking forward to it already!

2 comments:

  1. I dont see the link to view the match on FA website. Could you post the URL please? However, i came across another website: www.ladbrokes.com offering live streaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    I don't think the link itself is live yet, but you should find it on this page:

    http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup.aspx

    Garry P

    ReplyDelete